Connect with Us
No matter if you’re new here to NorthWoods or have been here a while, we would love to get you Connected; whether that’s through taking the next steps or getting involved in different ministries!
- What is the Gospel? It’s God’s good news for all of mankind. At NorthWoods, we believe that the good news can be summarized with four words:
- The Bible explains God created everything–including us. He has the right to tell us how to live. Sin is the rejection of God’s authority over us. God is loving and righteous. He will not ignore sin and leave the guilty unpunished.
- Everyone has rejected God and is guilty of sin. Sin has corrupted every part of human existence. Our entire being is under sin’s power. The penalty for sin is both physical and spiritual death. Separated from God, every person deserves eternal punishment for their sins.
- Jesus Christ is the fully God and fully man. He came to die on the cross as a substitute for our sins. On the cross, Jesus died the horrible death that all of us deserve as punishment for our sins. At the cross, God’s wrath against a sinful mankind was satisfied. Jesus rose from the rave, showing that He has the power over life and death. Because of Jesus, sinners can be freed from their sins and reconciled with God.
- In order to be saved, we must repent of our sins and place our trust in Jesus. When we repent and believe in Jesus, all of our sins are placed on Jesus, and the perfect life Jesus lived is credited to us. Nothing other than Jesus’ work on the cross can save us from our sins. After we are saved, Jesus tells us to go and tell others about the good news.
- Want to learn more about becoming a follower of Jesus?
- Contact: Pastor Darin
- The Bible clearly teaches that baptism is the first step of obedience after making a commitment to Christ. Baptism allows a believer to communicate to the world their heart-felt commitment to Christ. As we go under the water and come up, we act out the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus.
- Baptism is also a visual picture of what has happened to us. We have died to our old way of thinking and living and are raised to walk in a new way of life, a Christian life. We identify with Jesus through this experience. When we are baptized, we say to the world, “I am a follower of Jesus Christ.”
- Want to talk to someone about getting baptized?
- Contact: Pastor Darin
We would love to see each person at NorthWoods Church grow in their faith by participating in discipleship. We believe this can accelerate spiritual growth through Bible reading, Scripture memory, and accountability.
Put your faith into action through serving! Serving is a great way to cultivate relationships with others in the church and continue to grow in your relationship with Christ!